Photographic Narrative

“The Preternatural”, from beginning to middle to end:

Movie 0

Movie 2

Movie 3

Movie 4

Movie 5

1 comment

• Alison Litvin on November 6, 2013 at 11:29 am

In order, the story appears to be
    1) everything is normal, the sky is blue the grass is green and everything is going as it normally does. I really like the coloring of this picture, it makes the image look like something out of a children’s book where everything is fine.
    2) in the next image, they have arrived. (are the creatures called preternatural or was that just the name of the movie? I don’t quite remember) the coloring here matches the coloring of the creature and represents them overtaking earth.
    3) it looks like peanut butter and jelly, but I think the jelly is supposed to represent blood and the peanut butter represents the creatures? the colors are similar enough. I’m not quite sure what’s going on exactly.
    4) Now the people are trapped. Humanity has been enslaved (presumably by the creatures) and confinement is driving the prisoners to insanity
    5) Everyone is dead. This image is pretty straightforward in it’s meaning, but very open-ended as to what it implies for the future, so nice job there!!